When someone is struggling with depression, it is very important that he/she would feel wanted. For showing some affection to your friend/family member, you can gift them their best companions – Dogs. And if you are anxious and want to get rid of it, go and get some therapy dog breeds for anxiety and treat yourself.
Dogs are man’s best buddies. They tend to love their owners unconditionally and never expect anything in return. They surely have the ability to drag you out from any stress. If you don’t believe me, read this article and know about some therapy dogs.
Here I am listing some of the best dog breeds for anxiety and depression:
1. Cavalier King Charles Spaniel
King Charles Spaniels are small and cute lapdogs. They are friendly, gentle and quiet breed. If you train them, they can relieve you from any stress, anxiety or depression.
- They don’t bark much.
- They are perfect for you, and even for your kids.
- Whole family can play and enjoy with them.
- They are real sweethearts.
- Just by looking at their face, your half stress will be reduced.
Poodles are the most adorable breed. They are the great family dogs and have the same people-pleasing personality.
- They can quickly adapt their surroundings.
- The thing is, they love to be with their loved ones.
- They are born performers.
- They are also fantastic with the kids.
One more positive point is that they tend to live longer. The only thing you need to take care about poodles is that they need extra care on their grooming. But I think it is also a stress buster, didn’t it?
3. Labrador Retriever
Labradors are a bigger breed. These big dogs are always in a good mood, and that quality makes them one of the best breed dogs for anxiety. In short, they are the best for those people, who need a company.
- They also love to go outside.
- Labradors will also encourage you to put on your pajamas and get out from the bed, which may give you positive vibes and help you to avoid depressed feelings.
- They are loyal, affectionate, and always try to please you.
Pugs can be considered as one of the most charming breeds in the world. They are blessed with a cute round face and bouncy figure.
- They are friendly, confident, highly adaptable.
- They have funny personality.
- They don’t want to go outside often, so if you are a home-seek, and you love to be in the house only, they might become the perfect companion for you.
- They just can’t handle hot temperatures for long.
5. Yorkshire Terrier
Yorkshire Terrier is an intelligent breed. These dogs are known for forming the strong bonds with their master. They are intelligent, loyal, and lovable. You can train them easily, and as they are little cuties, you can take them anywhere!
- Apart from these qualities, they are courageous, friendly and with high energy.
- You will always feel wanted by Yorkshire Terrier.
- This breed is one of the best dog breeds for anxiety and depression.
Being with Viszla, you can learn ‘self-care’ and ‘self-love.’ This breed is very passionate about such qualities. They are smart and naturally athletic.
- As they are amazingly active, they always encourage their owners to do the same.
- Viszlas tend to be spotless and healthy.
- As they are fast runners and love to move around, they require open space.
- Only one point to take care is that they are not that great with the children like the other breeds.
So above are the best dogs for anxiety. There are many studies which suggest that observing, playing and loving the therapy animals can reduce depression. Now you decide, which therapy dog breed will work for you.